“Scrooge’s Christmas Carol” is the Rainbow Factory’s third Christmas Show and we have been privileged enough to see all three and the performances have been outstanding each and every year.
Without giving too much away of the story (after all, adults are meant to enjoy it as well as the kids!) why should you choose to see this show over any of the others in the area?
- The performance is accessible to all. The children sit on cushions on the floor and can move and wiggle as much as they like. No need for binoculars or climb a mountain of stairs to get to your seat. You are so close you can touch the actors and have photos taken afterwards.
- It is made for children. It is “only” 40 minutes long which means younger children can enjoy it wouldn’t being bribed to stay still/quiet and there is childish humour involved.
- It is also for adults. This performance has more quick witted puns than the previous shows and so you will enjoy it as a show in it’s own right.
- It is cheap! Tickets are only £6 each and with money tight at Christmas, it is so much better value than some of the bigger theatres in the region who seem to charge a small fortune for the Christmas pantomime. (parking is free as well!)
- The staff and performers are wonderful, genuine people. Rainbow Factory is almost our second home and without them, Heidi would not have developed as she has done. The Rainbow Factory is a small, local business and they put so much in so it is only right to support them in whatever way possible.
So what about the actual show? Well, as you would expect, it is fast paced, but probably unlike any version of the story you have seen enacted before, with the use of puppets, songs and various other effects (not wanting to spoil the surprise at the end!)
There is a slightly scary part 10 minutes in with a ghost, which is quickly forgotten about but something just to bear in mind.
However, the most upsetting part was with about 10 minutes to go, Heidi asked if it was nearly the end, because she didn’t want it to end at all!! Only bribery stopped a minor meltdown!!
This blog post could best to summarised by Scrooge himself when he said “Christmas is about grabbing as much joy as you possibly can” – and he is correct. As such, one of the best ways of doing that this Christmas is to go and see this show!!
And because you’ve made it so far, here is a sneak peek of the show…
DISCLOSURE: We received 2 tickets for this show, although there was no influence on this post.
To read more of my blog, please feel free to:
“Like” me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/leedsdad (it will make me happy!!)
“Follow” me on Twitter @leedsdad
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go onto my website: http://www.leedsdad.com